We ask all lecturers to comply with HHU’s test strategy.
- Under all circumstances, many in-person courses will take place again during HHU’s winter semester. To make sure that in-person teaching is as safe as possible, participation in courses will only be possible for persons who have been vaccinated, recovered or tested with regard to a COVID19 infection (3G rule). Further details will be announced within the next few days. With regard to all details, please take into account that the exact legal requirements that will apply in October have unfortunately not been specified yet.
- The Studierendenwerk informs that it is planned to reopen all gastronomic facilities including the central cafeteria with the exception of the café of the Faculty of Medicine from September 27, 2021.
- All participants in attendance examinations (including teachers and examination supervisors) must be tested negative, fully vaccinated or recovered. Appropriate proof must be carried along with an official identification document and must be presented to the responsible persons. If the minimum distance is observed, the mask may be removed at the seat during the test.
- The handout, which details the regulations for classroom teaching and testing at HHU, is currently under revision and is expected to be available here again by the end of September, when the next version of the Corona Protection Ordinance is also in effect. The old handout can be found here
- If you have any questions, please contact your Dean of Students Office.
Last updated: 15 September: Teaching and studying; 8 September 2021: Key points in brief; Contact tracing; Exams.
[Last updated on: 15 September 2021]
In the winter semester, a large number of on-site courses will take place again at HHU in any case. The current planning status at HHU, which is based on the requirements of the Corona Protection Ordinance, provides the following framework conditions for teaching in the winter semester 2021/22:
In principle, teaching will return to presence teaching. The 3G rule applies to participation in on-site teaching. This means that only participants who can prove that they have been fully vaccinated, have recovered from a COVID19 infection, or have tested negative (no more than 48 hours ago) at the time of access to the course will be admitted to a course or examination. In larger events, lecturers will be centrally supported in checking 3G status.
As far as possible, lecturers should provide students with digital accompany offers. The type of digital support is determined by the individual teaching concepts and can range from the provision of detailed lecture notes to interactive livestreaming. In the meantime, all lecture halls are equipped with the infrastructure for live streams of computer presentations. You can find more information here. In addition, some lecture halls will be equipped with stationary camera systems for hybrid teaching.
As of October 1, 2021, all seats in lecture halls can be occupied again. A medical mask must be worn inside HHU buildings. The mask may be removed by lecturers during teaching lectures. Likewise, the mask may be removed at the fixed seating area if a minimum distance of 1.5 m from all other persons is maintained.
For courses with compulsory attendance, student absences due to quarantine will be treated as absences due to illness. Lecturers are strongly encouraged to generously offer substitute dates or services when organizationally possible.
The University administration will work to ensure that an opportunity for Corona testing will continue to be available on the HHU campus and/or University Hospital. However, any costs for necessary testing cannot be covered by HHU.
The handout detailing the regulations for face-to-face teaching and testing at HHU is currently under revision and is expected to be available here by the end of September, when the next version of the Corona Protection Ordinance will also be in effect.
For all information, it should be taken into account that the exact legal requirements that will apply in October have unfortunately not yet been determined.
[Update: 8 September 2021]
In accordance with the Corona Protection Ordinance, contact tracking is no longer applicable; contact information is no longer collected.
[Update: 8 September 2021]
Oral and written examinations as well as written examinations can be conducted online or in person. All participants in face-to-face examinations (including teachers and examination supervisors) must have tested negative, be fully vaccinated or recovered.
Proof of this must be carried along with an official identification document and must be presented to the responsible persons. If the minimum distance of 1.5 m is maintained, students may remove the mask at their seat during the examination.
If you have any questions regarding examinations, please contact the relevant Dean of Studies office by e-mail.
HHU regulations to specify the Coronavirus Epidemic Higher Education Ordinance (9 June 2021)
Coronavirus Epidemic Higher Education Ordinance for summer semester 2021, too. You can download them here (in German).
The free attempt rule - one free attempt per module - will also be continued for the last time in summer semester 2021.
The withdrawal regulations for exams will be continued for summer semester 2021.
In addition, one semester will be added to the individualised standard period of study for students enrolled in summer semester 2021.
Different regulations apply in some cases for state examination programmes, which you can read about in detail in HHU’s regulations. If you have any questions, please contact your Dean of Studies’ Office.
[Last updated: 16 April 2021]
HHU e-learning portal
To find out more about e-learning and for other helpful links surrounding online teaching, check the central e-learning website. Our e-learning experts will answer any questions you might have in the e-learning consultation hour on Rocket.Chat.
The Service Centre for Good Teaching and Learning (Service-Center für gutes Lehren und Lernen, SeLL) provides personal advice, exchange and professional training.
[Updated on: 26 July 2021]
From the beginning of August, room bookings at HHU will once again be possible in accordance with the current room booking rules, also by persons with departmental ID. You can obtain details on room bookings for the winter semester 2021/2022 here.
For any further questions please send an e-mail to .